The Department of Retirement Systems (DRS) retirement planning seminars are for members within five years of retirement. Seminars are held on Fridays and Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at various locations throughout the state.
Seminar overview: Understand the details of your retirement benefits by learning how VEBA (Voluntary Employees’ Beneficiary Association), health insurance, deferred compensation and your pension work. The seminar is designed to provide you with a broad range of information you need as you near retirement.
For retirement planning assistance we encourage you to:
• Review your account information and create benefit estimates through Online Account Access (www.drs.wa.gov/oaa)
• Request a benefit estimate if you are within one year of retirement: 1-800-547-6657
• Attend a retirement planning seminar. Enroll online (https://fortress.wa.gov/drs/retirementplanning) or call 1-888-711-6676
1. When should I attend a DRS seminar?
If you're planning to retire in the next five years, this is the best time to attend.
2. Where are the seminars held?
We host seminars throughout Washington State. Check the schedule for the cities closest to you.
3. May I bring a guest?
Yes. You are welcome to bring a guest.