Skip to body

Campus Notices

Do You Need to Update Your W-4 for 2014 Payroll Taxes?

Just a reminder to update withholding status changes on your W-4 for 2014.  For example, if you got married or had a baby you may want to increase your withholding allowances.  However, if you divorce, or your child is no longer a dependent, or had other changes that would reduce your number of allowances, the IRS requires you to fill out a new W-4 form within 10 days.  Please see IRS Pub 505, pg 3 Changing your Withholding at

Also, if you claim "EXEMPT" on line 7 of your W-4, a new W-4 must be filled out each year.  This will need to be submitted after January 1, 2014 but before February 15, 2014.  If we do not receive an updated W-4, the IRS mandates we revert the tax status back to filing Single with Zero allowances. 

You many make these changes on-line in employee self-service or contact the Payroll Office at 509-963-2221 if you have any questions.  Have a great day!

Notice Type: 





Take the Next Step...