STEP ONE: Find out what it takes to be admitted to your major.
Major Program Requirements: The Online Electronic Catalog (OEC) is the official University's compilation for all curriculum. The OEC will serve as the basis for major, minor and program requirements for the academic year. Students must follow that catalog for major and program requirements that are in effect at the time they are admitted to the major.
- Accounting Advising Sheets
- Business Administration Advising Sheets by Specialization (The Finance and Management specializations are not offered to students at the CWU-Lynnwood or CWU-Des Moines campus locations.)
- Economics Advising Sheets by Specialization
- To see the list of available minors please link to our Student Forms site
- Certificate Programs
Pre-Admission GPA Calculator: This is an Excel template with embedded formulas to help you determine whether you have met the College of Business admission GPA requirements for your degree program.
STEP TWO: Attend a College of Business, New Student Orientation (mandatory for admission into major)
Orientation sessions are designed to help students succeed in a College of Business program. Topics include: Application and admission process into a College of Business major; Course registration options and advising; Understanding and using the tools to develop your graduation plan; and Advising Holds – Why they exist and how to remove them.
- CWU-Ellensburg Student Orientation
- CWU-Des Moines Student Orientation
- CWU-Lynnwood Student Orientation
STEP THREE: Develop your tentative graduation plan using the following tools:
- Video - "How to interpret Central's Academic Progress System (CAPS) Report"
- Video - "How to create a Tentative Graduation Plan"
- Sign up for a Graduation Plan Workshop
- Graduate Plan Excel Template
- Student Professional Development
Tentative Yearly Course Schedules
This year-long schedule is provided to students for PLANNING PURPOSES ONLY. For those planning a 2-year schedule, typically, courses offered one quarter in a given year, will be offered the same quarter in a future year. Schedules are updated frequently and provided in sortable MS Excel format.
- Des Moines Campus (Updated 2/12/14)
- Eastside Centers (Moses Lake, Wenatchee and Yakima) (Updated 2/12/14)
- Ellensburg Campus (Updated 2/12/14)
- Lynnwood Campus (Updated 2/12/14)
Excel Skills: Throughout your tenure in the College of Business, you will be required to complete various assignments using Microsoft Excel. It is incumbent upon you to have or acquire the skills required to complete these Excel-based assignments. If you do not possess the required skills, the College of Business requires that you purchase "Slaying Excel Dragons" by Mike Girvin (publisher Holy Macro! Books). Additional help can be found at excelisfun.com. Advanced tutorial materials are also accessible via the CWU Wildcat Connection through the Microsoft IT Academy link on the left-side menu.