Supply chain management is an exploding field, both in research and in practice and has generated much interest in recent years. Major international consulting firms have developed large practices in the supply chain field, and the number of research papers in the field is growing rapidly. The field promises to continue growing as research advances and as firms continue to apply new knowledge in their global networks. Supply chain management is an increasingly critical business process for many companies since it encompasses everything from initial design, through to procurement of material, processing, and delivery to the customer.
The Supply Chain Management Institute (SCMI) was established by the College of Business to engage with the industry in the development, support, and facilitation of Supply Chain Management knowledge and expertise. SCMI is designed to:
- create a close partnership between the University and industry, primarily in the Puget Sound business community
- help supply chain professionals maintain their competitiveness through training seminars and conferences
- foster networking among practitioners and academia
- collaborate on research projects in the field of supply chain management with industry
- provide opportunities for business students to interact with supply chain professionals.
CWU Supply Chain Network. To join go to Linked in.
Director: Dr. Carlo Smith, Assistant Professor, CWU-Des Moines