The Northwest Center for Sport Business (NWCSB) is an initiative supported by the university to engage with industry in fostering the development of knowledge and expertise in the management of sport. NWCSB aims to create a close partnership between academia and industry in the Pacific Northwest, and has a twofold mission:
- to provide development opportunities for sport professionals to network, discuss, and learn more about important issues facing the industry
- to better prepare students who aspire to join the sport industry.
Established in the College of Business, the NWCSB will act as a regional catalyst for the field and has the following goals:
- To establish a close partnership between academia and industry.
- To host the annual Northwest Sport Business Conference with sports industry leaders who bring students, academics & industry professionals together to discuss topical issues each year.
- To bring university resources and industry expertise together in forming Sport Business Programs that better equip students who aspire to enter the sport industry.
- To collaborate on research projects with the sport business community.
- To provide networking opportunities with academia, practitioners, and students.
- To increase the involvement and visibility of the College of Business in the industry.
- To provide opportunities for student interaction and involvement (i.e., internships, employment) with sport business organizations and professionals.
The Sport Business Advisory Council is comprised of industry executives from the private, public and nonprofit sectors who provide advise, guidance and expertise for the continued development of the NWCSB and supported academic programs.
Contact Us HERE
Director: Dr. Jeff Stinson, Associate Professor of Marketing