1) Contact the Biological Sciences Department before you register for your first quarter to work with a Biology Advisor on your Course of Study (see below). Please bring a copy of your transcripts and the Registrar's Office evaluation of your credits to your advising meeting.
Recommended courses to take before transferring to CWU:
• One year General Biology for science majors (with labs)
• One year General Chemistry for science majors (with labs)
• Math thru Pre-Calculus
• Statistics (Biology, Math, or Psychology version)
Recommended courses to take during your first term at CWU (assuming you have had the courses recommended before transferring to CWU):
• Genetics (BIOL 321)
• Organic Chemistry (CHEM 361 and 361 lab)
2) Attend a Discover Transfer Student Orientation (not mandatory)
3) Declare your biology major before you reach 115 credits
4) Complete and file your official Course of Study I Course of Study Worksheet
A Course of Study is the list of courses you complete towards your major following your specialization requirements. Please see the CWU Online Catalog for co- and pre-requisites for courses in your plan. NOTE: Students are bound by the major requirements which became effective with the fall quarter Online Electronic Catalog for the academic year in which they are accepted into their major.
While it is best to use this worksheet each quarter for your planning, your official Course of Study must be approved by the you, your Biology Advisor, and the Biological Sciences Department Chair one year prior to graduation. Completion and approval at the time of admission to the major is strongly recommended.
Registrar Services Forms (Graduation, Individual Study Permit, Substitutions, etc.)
CWU Online Catalog (lists major requirements and course co-reqs / pre-reqs)
Starting this April, Central Washington University’s Center for Excellence in Science and MathematNatural Science Seminar: “Rational Design Of H2A.Z Mutants Uncover Differential Chaperone Interactions And Function”
Please join us for the final Natural Science Seminar of the Winter Quarter: "Rational Design of H2A.Natural Science Seminar, "Movies And Math: The Past, Present, & The Future"
Please join us Friday, February 27th, for the next Natural Science Seminar Series presentation: Movi