Every year, each club must complete the recognition process, even if they were recognized the previous year. Overall, it is a simple process if the correct steps are followed. Here are some guidelines for your club to follow.
- Follow this link to find the Club Recognition Packet.
- Once you have downloaded and printed off the packet, please fill out, print, and submit the remaining paperwork. This includes:
- 1) Having the Club Recognition Packet filled out COMPLETELY.
- 2) Visiting the SURC Accounting Office.
- 3) Visiting the SURC Scheduling Center.
- 4) Visiting the Campus Life Office.
- 5) Submit a typed Description of your club’s purpose, meeting times/location, activities, and membership.
- 6) Submit a Constitution for approval by Scott Drummond.
- 7) Appointing a Senator and Alternate Senator.
- 8) Have 5 Officers and a signed Liability Waiver for each Officer (Note: a Club Officer cannot hold more than one officer position in a single club.)
- Please turn in all paperwork into the Clubs and Organization’s Box in SURC 236.
- A club member will then need to attend a Public ASCWU- Student Government Meeting.
- Your club will then be recognized for the rest of the academic school year.
- In order to maintain good standing, be sure to have a representative (Senator) at the Club Senate Meetings, we do take attendance.
- EVERY CLUB MUST TURN IN A CONSTITUTION TO SCOTT DRUMMOND. Click HERE for a sample of a constitution.
If there are any questions, please email Philip Rush, Vice President for Clubs and Organizations at ASCWUClubs@cwu.edu or call at 509-963-1682