Call Type: Exhibition
Entry Fee: $35 flat fee for up to 3 artworks
Event Dates: November 5—December 6, 2015
Entry Deadline: September 4, 2015
The Sarah Spurgeon Gallery at Central Washington University, located in Ellensburg, Washington, will host the INTERSTATE juried exhibit. Proceeds from this national exhibition will support student scholarships in the CWU Department of Art.
The exhibition is open to submissions in all media and subject matter; the artwork does not need to follow a particular theme. The subtitle "where I-90 meets I-82" locates the exhibition in Ellensburg, Washington, and suggests the flow and exchange of artwork across geographic distances and boundaries.
The Sarah Spurgeon Gallery, founded in 1969, is dedicated to contemporary art exhibits and related outreach programs that enhance, engage, and challenge the viewer’s knowledge and understanding of art. The Gallery also presents artists and viewers alike with opportunities to explore culturally diverse ideas in an academic environment.
Juror: Jennifer Navva Milliken, Curator of Craft, Bellevue Arts Museum
Jennifer Navva Milliken has served as the Curator of Craft at the Bellevue Arts Museum, in Bellevue, Washington, since June of 2014. An expert in contemporary art, studio craft, and design, she has also held positions at the Museum of Arts and Design in New York and the Israel Museum in Jerusalem. In 2012 she founded INTER ALIA projects, an independent curatorial firm. She has contributed to numerous exhibition catalogues, and written for Art Jewelry Forum and Domus.
The juror will select all of the awards:
• First Place: $500 and a solo exhibition during the 2017/2018 or 2018/2019 academic year
• Second Place: $300
• Third Place: $200
• Sarah Spurgeon Gallery Honorable Mentions (3)
Entry Procedure and Fees:
Entries must be submitted on or before September 4, 2015
• All entries must be submitted online at www.callforentry.org
• $35 for up to three submissions.
• One image or video file may be submitted per artwork.
• Upload requirements for files must follow all CaFÉ parameters.
• All fees are non-refundable and payable by credit card or check through www.callforentry.org
• Open to artists over the age of 18 working in all 2-dimensional, 3-dimensional, and video formats.
• Works created/completed as a student are not eligible.
• Only original works, where the artist is the sole copyright holder, will be accepted.
• Substitutions of specific works selected during the jurying process will not be allowed.
All work must be ready to display with clear installation instructions:
• Framed 2-dimensional pieces must include a wire that supports the weight of the work.
• Plexiglas only, no glass frames will be accepted.
• Unframed works on paper may be hung using clips or magnets provided by the artist.
• 3-dimensional work that is intended to be hung on the wall must include a secure hanging device.
Works cannot exceed 4 ft. in any direction or weigh more than 70 lbs.
Results of the jurying will be sent by email on or before September 25, 2015.
All accepted work must arrive by October 23, 2015.
• Accepted artists will receive a loan agreement contract form and instructions for shipping or hand delivery.
• Shipping costs and insurance are the responsibility of the artist. The Gallery requests that artists use UPS or FedEx for shipping.
• Shipping materials must be reusable and a pre-paid return-shipping label is mandatory.
• All accepted work must remain at the gallery for the duration of the exhibit.
Insurance coverage will be provided while works are on the premises of the Sarah Spurgeon Gallery. The Gallery cannot assume responsibility for any loss or damage to works in transit. The Gallery reserves the right to reproduce accepted artwork for publicity and educational purposes connected with the exhibition.
The Sarah Spurgeon Gallery does not charge commission or process sales. Any inquiries about sales will be courteously referred to the artist or the artist’s representative.
The CWU Sarah Spurgeon Gallery will host the opening events for the exhibition on Thursday, November 5, 2015. A juror’s talk by Jennifer Navva Milliken will take place at 4:00 p.m., to be followed by a reception in the gallery from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. All artists are welcome to attend.
Department of Art
Central Washington University
400 East University Way
Ellensburg, WA 98926-7564
CaFÉ.org technical questions: 888.562.7232
The CWU Sarah Spurgeon Gallery will host Ordinary Objects: A Decade of Large Scale Drawing, a solo eSusan Bryant Artist Talk: October 19, 2016
WEDNESDAY – October 19, 2016 – Susan Bryant artist talk – 5PM – Randall Hall 117 – exhibitDepartment Of Art Faculty Exhibit Opens Thursday, September 29
The CWU Sarah Spurgeon Gallery will host the 2016 CWU Department of Art Faculty Exhibition. This bie