In order to enroll in the upper division sequence of graphic design courses, students must submit a portfolio, Academic Requirements Report and a completed Advising Report checklist indicating the quarters that the prerequisites were completed. Students who are planning to transfer to Central are also subject to portfolio admission. Contact Professor Bach if you have questions.
1. Select 10 to 12 of your best pieces of work completed in the Pre-Graphic Design courses of the graphic design curriculum. Include projects from the five prerequisite courses. Projects from Art 274 Typography are especially important to submit.
2. Post digital files to a web address where the files may be viewed, such as www.flickr.com. Provide the site address on your Advising Report.
3. Print out a current Academic Requirements Report downloaded from your online CWU account.
4. Go to the CWU Graphic Design program WEB site, then download and complete the Advising Report course checklist indicating the quarter you completed prerequisite and other art courses.
5. Put your name on the front of an envelope and insert the above documents. Then, submit the envelope to the CWU Department of Art Office. The secretary will put the documents in Professor Bach's mailbox.
STUDENTS WILL BE NOTIFIED OF THEIR STATUS VIA THEIR CWU EMAIL ACCOUNT.
The following courses are subject to portfolio admission:
Faculty Exhibit Opens for the November 7 First Friday Art Walk ELLENSBURG, Wash. — The Sarah SpurgAlexander Chitungo: Visiting Stone Sculptor
Visiting artist Alexander Chitungo is a stone sculptor from Zimbabwe. Alexander has been scuC. Farrell Fine Arts And Research Scholarship
This scholarship is available to Sophomore, Junior, and Senior students at Central Washington Univer