Diploma, Department of Russian, Beijing Foreign Languages University, Beijing, China
Office: Dean Hall 353
Interests & Expertise
- Linguistic anthropology, linguistics, cognitive anthropology, cultural anthropology, Asian studies, Central Eurasia, China
Teaching and Research Experience
- Assistant Professor, Department of Anthropology, Chinese University of Hong Kong, January 1995-July 2001
- Degree Fellow, East-West Center, Honolulu, June 1987-June 1991.
- Research Associate, Research Institute of Nationality Studies, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, Beijing, October 1981-May 1987.
- 2014 Number Conception and Application. New York: Nova Science Publishers. See the Nova Science Publishers website: https://www.novapublishers.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=51052
- 2013 Animal totemism and naming taboo. The Mankind Quarterly 54.2.201-228.
Special Knowledge & Skills
- Languages: Chinese, Russian, Dagur