A.B. Anthropology, University of California at Berkeley, 1959
Interests & Expertise
- William C. Smith (professor emeritus) - Archaeology, World Prehistory, Museum Studies, Collections Management, and Computer Applications.
- "The Central Initiative: Origin and Development of the GIS Laboratory at Central Washington University." In GIS Teaching Facilities: Six Case Studies on the Acquisition and Management of Laboratories, edited by Stephen D. Palladino and Karen K. Kemp. NCGIA Technical Paper 91-21, National Center for Geographic Information and Analysis: University of California at Santa Barbara, 1991.
- "Trial Implementation of the NCGIA Model Curriculum Using GRASS and MAP-II." In Proceedings of the Fourth International Symposium on Spatial Data Handling, Zurich, Switzerland, 1990.
- Archaeological Explorations in the Columbia Basin: a Report on the Mesa Project 1973-1975. Central Washington Archaeological Survey, Department of Anthropology, Ceentral Washington University. Ellensburg, Washington; 1977
Awards & Honors
- Phi Beta Kappa.
- Sigma Xi, Research Honor Society.
- A.B. Degree awarded With Highest Honors.
- American Men of Science, 11th edition, 1968.