B.A. Linguistics, University of Michigan, 1976
Interests and Expertise
- Economic/ecological anthropology, gender studies, cultural anthropology, Caribbean/Latin America, US, Russia, Middle East, Native Americans of the Northern Rockies.
- Cutsinger, L., M. Moran, and G. Estefanell. Survey of Traditional Marketing in Barbados: The Hawkers System. Inter-American Institute for Cooperation on Agriculture, Organization of American States, 1988.
- Cutsinger, L., and S. Hackenberger, et al. Archaeological Survey and Research in Eastern Washington: An NEH Youth Project, Final Report. Pullman, Washington: Washington Archaeological Research Center, 1983.
- Cutsinger, L., S. Hackenberger, and M. Stengel. "DELPHI Analysis of Proposed USFS Cultural Resource Research Program." Berkeley, California: University of California, Department of Anthropology and the USFS Experiment Station, 1981.
Works in Progress
- "Coming Back to the Land: Small Farming in Barbados, West Indies."
- Cutsinger, L., and L. Reinhardt. "Women in Job Training Programs in Rock County." Women in Poverty Conference, Stevens Point, Wisconsin, 1993.
- "Farm-life in Barbados: Gender and Economic Changes in Food Production." Earthwatch Conference, Harvard Science Center, Cambridge, Massachusetts, March 1992.
- "It's Part of We: Gender and Class Identity of Hawkers in Barbados." 90th Annual Meeting of the American Anthropological Association, Chicago, Illinois, November 21-24, 1991.
- "Women and the Informal Economy in Barbados, West Indies." Invited paper, Annual Women's Studies Meeting, University of Wisconsin, Madison, February 23-24, 1991.
- "Small-Scale Marketing in Barbados, West Indies." Society for Economic Anthropology, Knoxville, Tennessee, 1988.
Special Knowledge & Skills
- Languages: French, Russian, Hebrew.
Awards & Honors
- Sigma Xi Graduate Student Research Award, Washington State University, Pullman, Washington, 1988.
Consultancies & Public Service
- Grants Review Committee, University of Wisconsin System, Undergraduate Teaching Improvement Grants, spring 1994.
- Organizer/Sponsor, Soviet Women Scholar's Exchange, in collaboration with University of Wisconsin System Women's Studies Consortium, fall 1991.
- University of Wisconsin Center - Rock County, Campus Committees: Design for Diversity, Academic Actions and Faculty Steering Committee, Faculty Evaluations Committee, 1989-1994.
- Organizer/participant, Rock County Teaching Alliance, fall 1990.
- Coordinator, 18th Century Merchant's House Preservation, Barbados Lions Club and the Barbados National Trust, 1986.