The Residency Principalship Certification prepares you for the position of building principal. The building principal, who has line responsibility, works directly with the instructional program and student supervision, and provides input and direction to district-wide concerns of policy-making, fiscal management, planning, and curriculum. The building principal, under the supervision of the Superintendent, and in compliance with established policies of the school district, is responsible for planning, management, supervision, and evaluation of the educational program of a particular attendance are or administrative unit.
CWU REQUIREMENTS FOR RESIDENCY CERTIFICATION:
To receive a Residency Certificate as Principal, the candidate shall (WAC 181-78A-535):
- Hold an approved Masters Degree from an accredited college / university and have completed an approved program for the preparation of Principals (WAC 181-78A-270).
- Hold a valid initial or continuing Washington State Teaching Certificate (WAC 181-78A-211(1)(a)(i)).
- Have documented successful school-based experience in an instructional role with students (WAC 181-79A211 (2)(a)(ii)).
- Have completed an approved college / university professional preparation program (WAC 181-79A-030(5)).
- Have completed an approved, year-long Principal internship (WAC 181-7A-325).
- Provide assembled evidence / documentation in course work and the internship, as required by the PEAB, which identifies and adjudicates demonstration / possession of the required skills, knowledge, and competencies cited in Washington State Standard 5 - Knowledge and Skills.
- Participate in an interview, if required by the PEAB.
- Be recommended for certification by the Chair of the CWU Administrator Preparation Program.
Admittance Procedures (follow link)
|Effective 11-12 academic year |
EDAD 577 - Diversity Leadership
|EDAD 579 - Education Personnel||4|
|EDAD 580 - Educational Administration||4|
|EDAD 581 - Public School Finance||4|
|EDAD 582 - School Curriculum||4|
|EDAD 583 - School and Community||4|
|EDAD 584 - School Supervision||4|
|EDAD 586 - Principalship||4|
|EDAD 589 - School Law||4|
|EDAD 692 / 693- Internship||12|