The Master in Education School Administration program prepares teachers for the residency principal's certificate. A student shall complete at least 45 credits in an approved Course of Study to be developed in consultation with the graduate advisor. This program provides options for the various school levels, but does not necessarily qualify the student for the Residency Principal's Certificate, which requires that an applicant complete an application and be accepted to the Administrator Certification Program and complete the required coursework in addition to a 12 credit, year long internship.
NOTE: Completion of the Masters Degree does not automatically qualify you for the Administrator's Certificate. Please click on the Certification link to view additional requirements.
- Earned a bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university in the United States or the equivalent from an institution abroad
- A minimum of one year of successful, contracted teaching experience in a K-12 classroom setting
- Full admission to Central Washington University
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Minimum of three (3) references, one must be from your current Principal
- Statement of Objectives
- Transcripts from all institutions attended (except CWU)
To Apply contact the Office of Graduate Studies (509) 963-3101.
Effective 11-12 academic year
EDAD 577 - Diversity Leadership
EDAD 579 - School Personnel
EDAD 580 - Educational Administration
EDAD 581 - Public School Finance
EDAD 582 - School Curriculum
EDAD 583 - School and Community
EDAD 584 - School Supervision
EDAD 586 - Principalship
EDAD 589 - School Law
EDAD 700 - Thesis or option
Students will not be allowed to enroll in any EDAD courses until they have been admitted into the Master in Education School Administration Program.