Our mission is to prepare school leaders to demonstrate strategic, instructional, organizational, and political and community leadership. Candidates in our program have the opportunity to participate in a process that is designed to:
- Meet the professional development needs of educational leaders
- Focus on student centered success
- Provide a schedule that meets the needs of educational professionals
- Prepare candidates for the challenging new directions in education
- Provide an experience in which the best practice of practical, policy, personnel and political (legal and social) aspects of school administration and instructional leadership are experienced, understood and practiced
News from Advanced Programs
~~ Now Online ~~
CWU has been approved by the HECB (Higher Education Coordinating Board) to offer, through the Department of Advanced Programs, the School Administration Masters and Residency Certificate Programs in an entirely web-based format.
This online program will offer the same quality educators and rigorous coursework Central is known for, now in a convenient online delivery system. Beginning this 2011-2012 academic year, these courses will be available online. This change was implemented to meet the needs of our students. For more information drop us an email.
The University is committed to serving candidates with disabilities by providing reasonable accommodations that are appropriate given the purpose of the portfolio. The ADA Compliance Coordinator must approve request for accommodations in advance. The candidate must contact the ADA Office with his/her request and submit eligibility verifications for review by the ADA Compliance Coordinator Bouillon Hall, room 205, or call 509-963-2171 or TDD 509-963-2143.