Apply to CWU

Request Info.

Bouillon Hall 202

Congrats on your admission to a CWU University Center.

We’re excited to have you join the Wildcat Family at CWU!

Now that you're admitted to CWU, there are a few steps to complete before you begin your education goals. We're here to help if you have any questions.

So, what's next?

  • Accept your Admission

    Your first step as an admitted student is to confirm your enrollment by accepting your admission in your Applicant Portal.

    Log in to your Applicant Portal to view your admission "Status Update" then accept your admission using the "Accept your Admission" button. We recommend accepting your admission early, but the priority deadline to accept is May 1 (for fall term). Log in to your Applicant Portal using the same email and password you used to apply for admission.

    Next, create your new student account. Your account will be your primary account for viewing/accepting your financial aid, signing-up for housing, registering for classes, and more. If you have any trouble creating your account, contact the CWU Service Desk at 509-963-2001.

    Action Items:

    Questions? Contact The Office of Admissions at 509-963-1211 or

  • Apply for Financial Aid

    We recommend all students apply for the FAFSA/WASFA before the priority deadline of February 1 for the upcoming academic year. Federal Aid remains available during the academic year for those who apply after February 1, but the sooner you submit your FAFSA/WASFA, the sooner you will receive your award package.

    CWU Merit Awards are based on academic merit. All new students who apply for admission by March 1 preceding the fall start will automatically be considered for merit awards, no separate application required. Additional scholarship opportunities are available and can be found on our CWU Scholarship website.

    Action Items:

    • Submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or WASFA*
    • Apply for Scholarships (optional)
    • Check your email frequently for important updates from Financial Aid

    *The Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA) is a free application for state financial aid for students who are not eligible for federal aid because of immigration status, including undocumented students. Submit your WASFA by February 1 through Ready. Set. Grad. for priority consideration.

    Questions? Contact the Office of Financial Aid at 509-963-1611 or email

  • Orientation

    Orientation is strongly encouraged for center students. This is also a great time to meet other students as well as staff and faculty.

    At orientation you can:

    • Learn about student services and resources
    • Meet with faculty, staff and other students
    • Have questions answered by academic and student services representatives

    To register for orientation or for more information, visit your University Center online or call them directly.

  • Prepare for Class


    • There are two options for ordering textbooks.

      • Students may purchase the books online from the CWU University Bookstore or they may purchase them from a third-party.
      • Students who want to use their financial aid to purchase textbooks MUST use the CWU University Bookstore option. The bookstore also sells CWU sweatshirts, t-shirts, and various school supplies.

    Student E-mail Account

    • Every student admitted to CWU has access to a free CWU Outlook e-mail account. Outlook is the main e-mail source for CWU students. It will be important for you to check your CWU e-mail on a regular basis.

    CWU Connection Card

    • Your CWU Connection Card will allow you to check out materials from your host community college library (if applicable) and the Ellensburg campus library, as well as use the computer lab. Visit your university center campus to receive a CWU Connection Card.

    Disability Services

    • Disability Services (DS) is in partnership with Central Washington University and is dedicated to creating an inclusive university culture that celebrates diversity. DS provides individuals with disabilities an equal opportunity to fully participate in and benefit from all aspects of the education environment.

    • Students wishing to request disability accommodations should contact DS at (509) 963-2214 or visit the DS webpage.


    • Pierce County and the Moses Lake Center both offer free parking to students. For all other locations, please contact the University Center you will be attending to purchase your student parking permit.

International Students attending a University Center should review the Winter 2023 Pre-Arrival Checklist for International Students.