We encourage you to get your MyCWU account set up. This will allow you to track your Admissions progress and to see your To Do's list, your Financial Aid package, and more.
You can do this by logging on to your MyCWU account (instructions on how to access your account and your Student ID and PIN were given to you in your letter acknowledging the submission of your application). Once there, simply click on the Accept Admission button and follow the directions provided.
- Go to www.cwu.edu and click on MyCWU (upper right hand side of the web page).
- On the MyCWU log in page, click on the sign in link in the upper right hand side.
- On the Single Sign on Services page click on forget your password? Click here for assistance.
- On the MyCWU Login Help page, click on the Student Account Management link.
- Enter your CWU following information: (your Student ID and PIN information were given to you in your letter acknowledging the submission of you application)
Your Personal Identification Number (PIN)
Create a password.
- Click the Agree and Submit button.
- You will receive a message certifying that your password change was successful. Below the message, you will be given your username. Be Sure to write down your username and password as these are the two items you will need to log back into MyCWU.
- Go back to the MyCWU login page and click the Sign in button (upper right hand side), enter your Username and Password.
MyCWU will display your Admissions Toolbox where you can accept your offer of admissions by clicking on Accept Admissions and following steps given. To watch a video tutorial with login instructions and to learn more about MyCWU please visit www.cwu.edu/admissions/mycwu-video. Once you are done, please remember to click on the EXIT button (upper right hand side) and completely click out of your browser.
Send your final transcripts (if necessary)
If you are currently enrolled at a high school or college, please send a final transcript after you have finished your final courses. If you do not send a final transcript you will not be able to register for future courses at CWU.
Attend a Discover! New Student Orientation & Registration event
- July for the fall quarter and winter or spring break for students starting at CWU in the winter or spring quarters.
- Required for freshmen. Contact New Student Programs if you will be unable to attend.
- Highly encouraged for transfer students. Contact the Academic Advising Center if you will be unable to attend.
- New student course registration begins on this day
- Representatives from academic and student services departments will be available to answer your questions.
First Term Registration
New students will register for classes during orientation. After the first term, students will be able to register for classes on their own via the World Wide Web with the MyCWU system which will be covered during orientation.
During your freshman year, you will be assigned to a professional academic advisor that can help you:
- Make the transition to the university
- Explore majors/minors or other areas of professional study
- Interpret and learn university academic requirements, policies, and procedures.
- Become more self-reliant and self-reflective in your decision making
- Develop an academic plan to earn your degree
- Connect with appropriate resources on campus
For more information contact the Academic Advising office at (509)963-3060 or visit their web site at http://www.cwu.edu/academic-advising
You must apply for your major. This is typically accomplished at the orientation.
The CWU online catalog will serve as the basis for major, minor and program requirements for the academic year.
Apply for financial aid and scholarships (if applicable)
- Financial Aid--Submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by March 15 for priority consideration for all sources of funds (however, federal aid remains available during the academic year for those who apply after March 1).
- Scholarships (for Fall only). You will automatically be considered for CWU general Fall Scholarships if you applied to CWU online before February 1st. Additionally, all official documents such as transcripts and ACT or SAT scores (if required) must arrive at CWU prior to February 1st.
Apply for on-campus housing (if necessary)
- Send $200 deposit and housing contract by June 1 for priority assignment (first-come, first-served).
- You must live on campus during your first year unless you meet one of the following criteria:
- You are age 20 or older.
- You plan to live with immediate family members in the Ellensburg area.
- You have already completed your freshman year at another institution and will transfer with sophomore standing or above (this does not apply to Running Start students or College in the High School students).
There are two options for ordering textbooks. Students may purchase the books ONLINE from the CWU University Bookstore, at http://cwubookstore.collegestoreonline.com or they may purchase them from Edmonds Community College Bookstore, either in person or online, at http://collegestore.edcc.edu. Those students who want to use their financial aid to purchase textbooks MUST use the CWU University Store option. Both bookstores sell CWU sweatshirts, t-shirts and various school supplies.
Every student admitted to CWU has access to a free CWU GroupWise e-mail account. GroupWise is the main e-mail source for CWU students. It will be important for you to check your CWU e-mail on a regular basis.
Your card will allow you to check out materials from the library, use the computer lab, and obtain discounts at some movie theaters. Please come to the CWU office and have your photo taken.
MyCWU is part of the CWU webpage where you can access your personal and campus information. You can link up to it from the CWU homepage. Once logged on the MyCWU dashboard is your source for personalized student information that includes your financial aid, class schedule, grades, CAPS report, and more. You will receive information on how to access this account with your acceptance letter.
CWU accommodates physically and learning disabled students. Please contact our Disability Support Services Coordinator, Connie Dahlberg at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-963-2171 for processing. The coordinator for University Centers located in Western Washington is Bree Callahan, at email@example.com, 206-439-3800 or TDD 509-963-2143.
Parking permits are available at the Parking Office in the Public Safety Building, Cashier's Office in Barge Hall, or online at http://www.cwu.edu/parking/permit-application. You can purchase your permit with a check, debit/credit card. Cash payments are only accepted at the cashier's office. Pierce County Center and the Moses Lake Center both offer free parking to students. Please contact the University Center you will be attending to purchase your student parking permit (Pierce County Center and the Moses Lake Center provide free student parking).
400 E. University Way/Ellensburg, WA 98926
Phone: (509) 963-1211
Web site: http://www.cwu.edu/
Co-Located at: Highline Community College, Higher Education Center
2400 South 240th St./Des Moines, WA 98198-1007
Phone: (206) 439-3800
Web site: http://www.cwu.edu/des-moines
Co-located at: Edmonds Community College, Snoqualmie Hall
20000 68th Avenue West/Lynnwood, WA 98036-5999
Phone: (425) 640-1574
Web site: http://www.cwu.edu/lynnwood
Co-located at: Pierce College
Phone: (253) 964-663
9401 Farwest Drive SW/Lakewood, WA 98498-1999
Web site: http://www.cwu.edu/pierce-county
Co-located at: Big Bend Community College, Grant County Advanced Technologies Education Center
Phone: (509) 793-2384 or 1-800-540-6537
7662 Chanute Street NE, Room 1846C/Moses Lake, WA 98837
Web site: http://www.cwu.edu/moses-lake
Co-located at: Wenatchee Valley College, CWU-Wenatchee Higher Education Center
Phone: (509) 665-2600 or 1-800-540-6537
1300 Fifth Street/Wenatchee, WA 98801
Web site: http://www.cwu.edu/wenatchee
Co-located at: Yakima Valley Community College, Deccio Higher Education Center
Phone: (509) 574-6894
1000 South 12th Avenue, Room 107/Yakima, WA 98907-2520
Web site: http://www.cwu.edu/yakima