If you enroll at CWU directly after graduating from high school (including summer session), you must meet regular freshman admission requirements and submit official high school transcripts and ACT or SAT test scores, and submit Running Start credits for evaluation as transfer credit.
If you have completed an approved Direct Transfer Agreement (DTA) associate degree you have fulfilled all lower-division general education requirements at CWU. However you still must apply as a first year student.
For a list of approved DTA degrees, visit http://www.cwu.edu/registrar/transfer-equivalencies-policies
Freshmen applicants must complete the following high school core classes:
- English (4 credits). Including the study of English language, literature, and writing.
- Math (3 credits). Including first-year algebra and two additional years of college preparatory mathematics such as geometry, advanced algebra, trigonometry, analytical geometry, calculus, and probability and statistics. (algebra and geometry taken prior to the ninth grade accepted).
- Science (2 credits). Including a year each in two fields of college preparatory science such as biology, chemistry, physics, or earth and physical science. One must have a lab with it.
- Social Science (3 credits).
- World Language (2 credits). Shall be two years of the same language.
- Fine, Visual, or Performing arts (1 credit). Or one more year from the above academic courses.