The purpose of the Dual Admission program is to provide a smooth and successful transition for the student from a participating community or technical college to Central Washington University (CWU). Students who participate in the program are considered fully admitted to the community or technical college and conditionally admitted to CWU.
- The CWU $50 admission application fee waived.
- The $100 confirmation deposit waived.
- Early advising with CWU faculty/staff.
- Dual Students will have access to early registration (dependent upon degree program).
- You must be currently enrolled at a participating Washington State community or technical college in a Direct Transfer Agreement (DTA) associate degree or applied/technical degree program. You must complete the appropriate transfer degree at the participating community or technical college within two years of acceptance into the Dual Admission Program.
- You cannot have earned more than 60 quarter (45 semester) college-level credit hours from all colleges/universities attended.
- You must meet CWU's admission requirements for transfer applicants found at www.cwu.edu/admissions.
- This application conditionally admits you to CWU, not to a specific program.
- Running Start students are not eligible.
- Students with previously earned associate, technical, or bachelor degrees are not eligible.
- Meet with your community or technical college academic advisor to discuss eligibility for dual admission. Review the CWU Transfer Academic Program Plan or course of study with the advisor.
Dual Admission Application
- Complete this dual admission application, have your community or technical college advisor sign it, then return it to the CWU Admissions office or the administrative office of the University Center you plan to attend.
- Include official or unofficial transcripts from ALL institutions you have attended.
- In order to receive an application fee waiver, you must submit the Dual Admission Application and transcripts from ALL institutions attended. Once the waiver is approved, you will receive an email instructing you to submit your CWU admission application.
Apply to CWU
- Once you receive notification that your Dual Admission Application has been processed, visit www.cwu.edu/admissions to apply to CWU for the intended quarter you wish to begin, but no more than two academic years, or six quarters, in advance.
- Your online admissions application will not be processed until all official or unofficial transcripts have been received by the Office of Admissions. You have 90 days to complete the application process.
- Once your DTA or applied/technical degree is posted, have an official copy of your transcript sent to Admissions.
- Foreign language requirement: students seeking the Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree must complete one year of college/university study of a single foreign language or have completed two years high school study of a single foreign language. If you took a foreign language in high school and are pursuing a BA degree, please provide high school transcripts.