Financial Resources & Scholarships for International Students
Confidential Financial Statement
You must provide adequate financial documentation before your I-20 can be issued. Ellensburg campus students must complete the Confidential Financial Statement form (or use this form if you are attending a University Center). This form must be signed by the student and by the person who will be sponsoring the student financially.
Along with the Confidential Financial Statement form, students must also submit a current bank statement. The bank statement should be in the name of the student's sponsor or the student, should be dated and no older than three months old by the time we receive it, and should be an original that is in English or translated into English. The bank statement should show that the account holder has the funds to pay for the estimated costs of attending CWU for at least one academic year. Refer to the Confidential Financial Statement form for the estimated costs. Please keep copies of your financial documentation for yourself, as you will need to present them to the U.S. Consulate when applying for your student visa
Scholarships for International Students
Who can apply?
Incoming/new undergraduate and graduate international students.
- Up to $13,200 based on merit and 2021/2022 tuition rates.
Minimum GPA Requirement
2.70 for undergraduate and a 3.0 for graduate
How to Apply
- Apply online for undergraduate or graduate admissions.
- No separate application required. Your official, overall, incoming grade will be automatically assessed for scholarship eligibility
Qualified students will be notified via email of scholarship award within 2-3 weeks after they are officially admitted by CWU.
- Scholarships are re-awarded each academic year based off of students’ spring quarter cumulative GPA.
- Exchange, government sponsored and English language learning students (UESL) do not qualify.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org