Skip to body


Academic Transcript Information for International Students

Because educational systems around the world are different, academic transcripts will vary. We require an original, official transcript that shows a complete list of courses taken, grades received, and number of credits awarded. These documents need to be in the language of the country and in English.  If the institution attended does not send certified English translated documents you may have the translations processed and certified with University Language Services (ULS). Their information can be found at their website,  The transcript should also show date of graduation (if you completed your studies) and any certificates, diplomas, or degrees received.

If you are currently attending a school, submit a transcript of work to date and request a final transcript to be sent when you complete your studies. A transcript is considered official when it comes directly from the issuing institute.

If the transcript is not in English, then you will need to also submit a certified translation from the school who issued the transcript, the Ministry of Education, Consulate, or Embassy.

If you attended a foreign university you must have the transcripts evaluated by one of the methods below. Chinese, Indian, Pakistani and Nigerian applicants please note the additional information below.

Request that the agency perform a complete course-by-course evaluation and submit the completed evaluation to CWU with a copy (original or photocopy) of the transcript. If the original transcript is not written in English you must also include a certified English translation.

If you will be using one of the agencies, do not send your transcripts to Central Washington University. Send your transcripts directly to one of the evaluation agencies listed above, and they will send us the information that we require.

Chinese Applicants (Additional Information)

The official Chinese transcript must be given to the China Academic Degrees and Graduate Education Development Center (CDGDC) for the translation. Once the transcript has been translated the CDGDC will send documents to the school the student has requested it be sent to. Verification Reports sent directly to Central Washington University by one of the Ministry authorized verification offices include:

  • Graduation Certificates
  • Degree Certificates

All offical documents and transcripts for all colleges and/or high schools should be sent directly to:

Central Washington University
Office of Admissions
400 East University Way
Ellensburg, WA 98926-7463

Take the Next Step to Becoming a Wildcat.