Welcome Undergraduate Transfer Graduate Online International Campuses Parent Information Paying for College

Apply to CWU

Request Info.

Bouillon Hall 202

International Prospective Student Resources

Types of Applicants

On the application form, you will need to identify yourself as one of the following:

  • Freshman (First-Year) Applicant
    • You are considered a freshman applicant if you have not attended a college or university after the completion of high school.
  • Transfer Applicant
    • You are considered a transfer applicant if you have previously attended another college or university for at least one year.
  • Post-Baccalaureate Applicant
    • You are considered a post-baccalaureate applicant if you have previously attended another university or college, and earned (or will earn) a U.S. Bachelor’s degree or a degree that is equivalent to U.S. Bachelor’s degree.

Online Application

Submit your application electronically via the online application. When applying online you must use a credit card to pay the $60 application fee. Please ensure you use a valid credit card to pay your application fee.

CWU considers applications on a rolling basis. That means that you’ll receive your admissions decision within a few weeks of the university receiving all of your application materials.

Proof of English Proficiency

Unless the international student is from Australia, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom, or English-speaking provinces of Canada, they must provide Proof of English Proficiency.

Enrollment Deposit

International first-year students will need to submit a $400 enrollment deposit. This deposit will confirm your spot at CWU and allow you to complete the class registration process. Once the quarter begins, this deposit will be dispersed to your student account to cover tuition charges. This deposit is non-refundable. If you are unable to secure your F1 visa before classes begin, please contact about refund details.


If you plan to bring dependents (spouse or children) with you to the U.S., you must also submit a Dependent Form.

Financial Resources

For information on scholarships for international students, and other financial resources visit the International Financial Resources page.

Other Important Information:

  • Transcripts

    CWU requires an original, official transcript that shows a complete list of courses taken, grades received, and the number of credits awarded. The transcript should show the date of graduation (if you completed your studies) and any certificates, diplomas, or degrees received. Please note, for some countries, CWU may also need the official certificates and or diplomas of degrees received.

    If you are currently attending school, submit a transcript of work-to-date and request a final transcript to be sent upon completion of the course work or program.

    All official documents and transcripts for all colleges, universities, institutions and/or higher secondary/high schools should be sent directly to:

    Central Washington University
    Office of Admissions
    400 East University Way
    Ellensburg, WA 98926-7463

    All international transcripts, certificates, and diplomas must be submitted in the original language and accompanied by an official English translation. Translations must be completed from the institution attended, Ministry of Education, Consulate or Embassy OR you may have the translations processed and certified by University Language Services (ULS).

    External Examination Results: If applicable to your secondary school program, you must submit your external examination results that signify completion of your secondary school program (Ex. Cambridge Exams, IB scores, ATAR, NZQA, West African Examinations Council). Examination results must be verified by the individual examination authority. For example, Chinese credentials must be verified by the CDGDC; GCE exams taken in India must be verified by the Indian School Certificate Examinations; and students in Ghana, Nigeria, Liberia, Sierra Leone and The Gambia must have their credentials verified by the West African Examination Council.

    CWU reserves the right to ask for an outside credential evaluation, at the applicant's expense, to authenticate a transcript and/or determine applicable transfer credits. If requested, CWU requires you to use one of the agencies listed below:

This page contains links to websites outside of The views and opinions expressed on unofficial pages of Central Washington University faculty, staff or students are strictly those of the page authors. The content of such pages has not been reviewed or approved by Central Washington University.