Skip to body

How to Apply

Apply to CWU

Paper applications will take longer to process, therefore on-line applications are preferred.

You are a First Year Student (Freshman) if:

  • You plan to enter CWU right after graduating from high school.
  • You are in Washington State's Running Start Program and you plan to enter CWU right after graduating, regardless of how many college credits you have earned or will earn and/or have taken/will take classes during summer session.
  • You have never attended college since leaving high school, regardless of your age or whether you ever graduated.

CWU will start accepting applications for fall quarter as early as the beginning of your senior year of high school

First Year Students must submit the following:

  • Completed online application or paper application (online is preferred)
  • $50 online application fee (check or money order if applying with paper application)
  • Official high school transcripts
  • Official ACT or SAT score reports
  • Official transcripts of any college work (Running Start, etc.)
  • Official AP, IB or CLEP scores (if applicable)


Take the Next Step to Becoming a Wildcat.