Thank you for your interest in the TRIO Student Support Services Program! Please review our eligibility information below.
In order to qualify for the TRIO Student Support Services program, applicants must be:
- Currently enrolled or accepted for enrollment at Central Washington University;
- Be a U.S. citizen or a National of the United States or meet the requirements for federal student financial assistance;
- Demonstrate academic need;
In addition, those who satisfy the above conditions must also have at least ONE of the following apply to you:
- You are a first-generation college student (neither parent nor guardian has a four-year college degree;
- You are in financial need ("low-income" according to federal guidelines); and/or
- You have a documented disability.
TRIO Student Support Services enrollment is limited. We serve 225 scholars per year. If the program is full, student applicants will be placed on a waiting list and admitted when participant numbers permit.
All services are provided at no cost to participants.
Submit a completed online initial information application. You will need to complete all sections of the application.
Once your application has been processed, we will contact you to schedule an interview with our staff (via phone or video conference).
Once a Scholar is enrolled in the program, a TRIO SSS Academic Advisors will work with you to develop your educational plan. Scholars are expected to take an active role in the TRIO SSS Program. In order to be considered for TRIO SSS services (free tutoring, cultural enrichment activities, early priority, etc.), you must maintain your active status. To be considered an active scholar in the SSS Program, scholars must be in contact with their advisor twice a quarter and go to a provided workshop.
Apply to TRIO Program