On January 3, 2014, the TRiO Student Support Services (SSS) Program, will begin to accept new applications for 2014 - 2015 academic year participants. Applications are considered from individuals who are accepted or enrolled for the 2014 - 2015 academic year at Central Washington University (CWU) and meet the qualifications stated below.
Individuals who are offered a position in Central’s SSS Program will join returning TRiO students to establish a group of 225 scholars that we serve throughout the academic year. After we reach our total enrollment levels, qualified applicants will be placed on a waiting list and admitted as our participant numbers allow due to graduation, transfers to other institutions, acceptance into graduate school, etc.
2013 - 2014 Applicant Qualifications
Please note that enrollment in Central’s TRiO SSS is limited to a total of 225 students each academic year.
Applicants must be currently accepted or already enrolled at CWU; a US Citizen or Permanent Resident; demonstrate academic need, as well as meet at least one of the following criteria to apply:
- Be a first generation college student (neither of your parents or legal guardian have earned a bachelor’s degree)
- Have financial need as determined by Federal Income Standards.
- Be a student with a qualifying disability that can be documented with CWU’s Disability Support Services
Once selected as a TRiO participant, students must comply with the following to maintain their eligibility:
1. Meet with your TRiO Advisor face-to-face at least twice each quarter throughout the entire academic year.
2. Attend at least one SSS sponsored event or complete an online workshop each quarter.
Application of Interest to Join TRiO SSS Program
In order to be considered for our Program, new applicants must complete and submit an online CWU TRiO SSS Application each year (click here) since our "waiting list" is purged at the end of every spring quarter. Individuals may also contact our office at 509-963-2026 to receive a paper-based application. Paper-based applications may be returned in person to our main office in Hertz Hall 209 or mailed to:
Central Washington University
TRiO Student Support Services MS 7430
400 East University Way
Ellensburg, WA 98926-7430
Once Accepted Into the TRiO SSS Program
All applicants will be notified about the selection committee’s decision by June 30, 2014. Those who are chosen to participate must:
- Attend a TRiO SSS Registration and Orientation during a CWU New Student Orientation session
- Schedule an appointment with their TRiO Advisor within ten days of the first quarter that they are enrolled to discuss academic needs, begin to create a comprehensive academic plan and determine how comprehensive student support can be provided throughout the university.
The Program retains the right to rescind a student’s acceptance
into TRiO SSS if any of the above requirements are not met.