CWU's TRiO Program has begun to accept applications for the 2015-2016 cohort. The selected students will join returning TRiO students to establish a group of 225 scholars who receive high-quality support services throughout the academic year.
When we reach our total enrollment levels, qualified applicants will be placed on the "TRiO SSS Waiting List" and admitted as our participant numbers allow due to graduation, transfers to other institutions, acceptance into graduate school, etc.
2015 - 2016 Applicant Qualifications
Please note that enrollment in Central’s TRiO SSS is limited to a total of 225 students each academic year.
Applicants must be currently accepted or already enrolled at CWU at the Ellensburg campus; a US Citizen or Permanent Resident; demonstrate academic need, as well as meet at least one of the following criteria to apply:
- Be a first generation college student (neither of your parents or legal guardian have earned a bachelor’s degree)
- Have financial need as determined by Federal Income Standards.
- Be a student with a qualifying disability that can be documented with CWU’s Disability Support Services
Once selected as a TRiO participant, students must comply with the following to maintain their eligibility:
1. Meet with your TRiO Counselor face-to-face at least twice each quarter throughout the entire academic year.
2. Attend at least one SSS sponsored event or complete an online workshop each quarter.
Application of Interest - TRiO SSS Program
In order to be considered for our Program, new applicants must complete and submit the online CWU TRiO SSS Application of Interest each year since our "waiting list" is purged at the end of every spring quarter. Individuals may also contact our office at 509-963-2026 to receive a paper-based application. Paper-based applications may be returned in person to our main office in Hertz Hall 209 or mailed to
Central Washington University
TRiO Student Support Services MS 7430
400 East University Way
Ellensburg, WA 98926-7430
Acceptance Notification and Important Updates
All applicants will be initially notified about the selection committee's decision via a letter through the US Postal Service. However, our primary method of contact with individuals will be their CWU email account. Applicants will need to activate and check this university account routinely to stay informed about their Application of Interest and other critical university information.
Once Accepted Into the TRiO SSS Program
All applicants who are chosen to participate in the program must:
- Attend a TRiO SSS Registration and Orientation during a CWU Discover! New Student Orientation session
- Attend TRiO SSS New Student Orientation during Wildcat Welcome Weekend.
- Schedule an appointment with their TRiO Counselor within ten days of the first quarter that they are enrolled to discuss academic needs, begin to create a comprehensive academic plan and determine how comprehensive student support can be provided throughout the university.
The Program retains the right to rescind a student’s acceptance
into TRiO SSS if any of the above requirements are not met.