A Message from CWU President Gaudino
Dr. Gaudino with TRiO graduate Kimberly Hitchcock and her son at TRiO's Graduation Celebration 2012-2013.
Central Washington University and the National TRiO Student Support Services (SSS) Program have partnered for decades to support student success. Since 1991 CWU has provided scholars with personalized services that foster academic development, cultivate professional competencies, and support their engagement, both on and off campus. During the 2011-2012 academic year 86 percent of scholars earned their bachelor’s degree--evidence that this personalized support of students is a cornerstone to the successful completion of a baccalaureate education. These results demonstrate CWU's commitment to student success and to TRiO SSS, which helps to create leaders who are poised for productive and meaningful contributions to their communities.
- CWU President James Gaudino
TRiO SSS Senior's "Top Ten Steps to Success"
Sergio Madrid, a TRiO SSS senior, shares his "Top Ten Steps to Success" for incoming TRiO SSS and CSF students:
- Keep up with your coursework. It’s very hard to catch up.
- Work hard to keep your GPA at a high level. You’ll thank yourself later.
- Build strong relationships with TRiO SSS Academic Counselors and staff.
- Make time for yourself. Stay physically active and take part in activities that relax you.
- Attend CWU, departmental and TRiO events. These can be some of the best places to meet new people who share your interests.
- Get to know your professors. They are often the best mentors you can have.
- Start early networking with individuals who are in the majors or jobs that you are interested in.
- Explore opportunities to become involved at the university and in the community.
- Actively seek out resources throughout CWU.
- Join clubs and groups that share your interests.